Monday, October 4, 2010

That Sunday Morning....

Sunday morning, September 26th, Chad woke up not feeling so well. So, being the awesome wife that I am - I went straight to CVS to get him some medicine for his sick tummy. As I was walking back to the pharmacy, I happened to pass the "Family Planning" section, which made me realize that I was "late". So, just for kicks and giggles, I picked up a 3 pack of pregnancy tests for peace of mind. I got home later, tended to Chad, and then without even a second thought I went into the bathroom to take the test. I was so convinced it was nothing, I hadn't even told Chad that I had bought a pregnancy test. However, when I came back into the bathroom and saw 2 lines as opposed to one, my heart sank. I ran into the living room, insisting that Chad come into the bathroom right away. When he walked in, all I could say was, "I think I'm pregnant".
He was so incredibly calm. He suggested that I take another test, so I took two more. Both positive. Needless to say, this event was not planned. Actually, we were trying to prevent it from happening. We have been talking about wanting children for the entire three years we've been together, but the plan was always to wait until I was done with school. But - as someone very near and dear to my heart reminded me, God's timing is perfect and mine is not. So, we decided that morning that even though it wasn't part of our plan, that it was part of His - and he knows best.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment